Founded through the first election of officers on April 6, 1857, Olive Township selected its first Supervisor, Clerk and Treasurer through the vote of 57 attendees. Today, Olive Township has approximately 2,700 registered voters and the ninth Supervisor of record since its founding. Originally named Eastman Township and extending all the way to Lake Michigan as the western border, Olive Township split in 1915, creating current day Port Sheldon Township.
The July Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting has been cancelled due to lack of business.
A Community Ice Cream Social will be held at the school at 11611 Stanton Street on August 12 from 12 – 3 PM. Everyone is invited! Please bring photos and memories to share.