NEW! A secure dropbox has been installed in the office wall just to the left of the front door if you need to drop something off after hours.
Welcome to Olive Township, a community of thriving agriculture, business and residential neighborhoods cultivated from generations of families in the heart of Ottawa County, Michigan.

Founded through the first election of officers on April 6, 1857, Olive Township selected its first Supervisor, Clerk and Treasurer through the vote of 57 attendees. Today, Olive Township has approximately 2,700 registered voters and the ninth Supervisor of record since its founding. Originally named Eastman Township and extending all the way to Lake Michigan as the western border, Olive Township split in 1915, creating current day Port Sheldon Township.

Read More

Recent News

We want to make sure you understand that the sprinkling ban mentioned below only affects those residents in Olive that are connected to city water provided by the City of Wyoming Water System. Here's the press release:

Action Alert - Sprinkling Ban
The City of Wyoming water treatment plant serves our water system and many other municipalities extending from Kentwood to the lakeshore. We need our drinking water customers to stop using water for irrigation until further notice. We expect this Sprinkling Ban to last no longer than two weeks. This is due to an emergency repair of one of the Wyoming Water System’s two main water transmission mains. This means no sprinklers or irrigation systems can be used while the repair takes place. Together, we can reduce water demand during this critical time.

We don’t want our customers to experience changes in water pressure. Low water pressure is obnoxious and may lead to challenges like boil water advisories. If the water pressure is maintained, water quality is maintained. Water customers like you can help by eliminating sprinkling for a short time. Rest assured that our water remains safe and drinkable so long as the water pressure is maintained. The emergency repair itself doesn’t impact water quality. That’s why it is important to follow this temporary Sprinkling Ban.

Visit www.wyomingmi.gov/SprinklingBan for more information.
... See MoreSee Less

5 days ago  ·  

View on Facebook

The August 11 Planning Commission meeting has been cancelled due to lack of business. Next meeting will be September 8. ... See MoreSee Less

6 days ago  ·  

View on Facebook

Our part of the August 4 Election is finished. The election is being double checked by the County Board of Canvassers. Election results (unofficial at this point) can be viewed here: elections.miottawa.org/ElectionResults/Election/Summary/AUG0420

Scroll down and hit the "+" symbol to expand and view the results you are interested in.

In Precinct 1 (West Ottawa School District), 185 people voted in person (12.65%) and 202 people voted by absent ballot (13.82%) for a total turnout of 26.47%.

In Precinct 2 (Zeeland School District), 217 people voted in person (11.94%) and 346 people voted by absent ballot (19.04%) for a total turnout of 30.98%.

Thank you to all who voted in this election. We appreciate your kindness and patience as you went through the process. A special thanks to our poll workers who did such a great job during an extra challenging election!
... See MoreSee Less

1 week ago  ·  

View on Facebook

Read the most recent newsletter from the Macatawa Area Coordinating Council here:

www.the-macc.org/news/macc-monthly-newsletter/july-2020/
... See MoreSee Less

2 weeks ago  ·  

View on Facebook

Upcoming Events

See All Events